- Your machine is listening on some new or unknown ports.
- The logs suddenly become much larger than what they usually are.
- The logs are not logging any thing.
- Disk space utilization of your machine suddenly increases.
- Network utilization of your machine suddenly increases.
- Your machine runs unusually slow.
- Someone reported that your machine doing some kind of attacks on theirs, or spamming, or hosting copyrighted movies, etc.
- Google search for "viagra site:yourwebsite.com" or other keyword. Result came out positive, but you did not post those pages there.
Wednesday, May 3, 2006
Signs That Your Machine May Be Compromised
Here are some of the signs to look for which may indicate your machine is being compromised.