I believe I have finished the work on creating a Radar Chart Google Spreadsheet Gadget. Here are the changes since my previous release:
- Added the ability to toggle individual records on and off in the chart. This allows better visual comparison between different records and/or the overall average.
- Added the ability to toggle the competency line on and off. Also, if user does not input a competency value, the line would not be shown at all.
- Added better error handling when any of the user inputs, spreadsheet data is not a number.
- Added a process to determine the real maximum value for scales in radar chart.
- Fixed the alignment problems of labels with various number of radar lines (columns).
- Changed the gadget size to have a default height of 250px so it renders properly in iGoogle.
- Changed the gadget size to use dynamic height for large records set.
- Added a user configurable refresh time for the gadget, and default is 5 minutes.
- If "Calculate average" is chosen, then the gadget will draw the radar chart of the overall average by default. Otherwise, it will draw the radar chart of all records.
- Added a comment field.
This is what the current release looks like:
You can use this gadget with your own spreadsheet data. Here is how:
- Open your Google spreadsheet, and choose Gadget on the Insert menu (or right click on the spreadsheet and choose Insert Gadget):
- In the Add a Gadget pop-up window, choose Custom.
- Under URL of your own gadget, put int the following URL: http://hosting.gmodules.com/ig/gadgets/file/115560173853763482292/radar-chart.xml?nocache
- Click Add.
- Follow the instructions in the gadget interface to configure the gadget.
You can give me feedback via the comments section.
If it looks good, I will submit it to the Google Gadget Gallery in a couple of weeks.